I saw this idea on By Lauren Hayley and, as I’m in need of distraction, decided to copy it. So here goes.
1.How are you, really?
I’m ok, the anxiety is making me miserable and I’m dreading my appointments this week
2. What are you thinking about?
You don’t want to know. Trust me.
3.What’s your favourite color?
4. What’s your favourite food?
5. What’s your favorite dessert?
I like old school puddings like jam roly poly and custard
6. How old are you?
Body age 38, known age 24
7. What have you learned today?
That Hoola Hoops ‘Puft’ aren’t filling
8. What was your favorite subject in school?
9. What do you do?
I’m a parent. I’ve just finished my degree, and I’m taking some time for self care
10. What are some of your favorite books?
My absolute favourite is Enid Blyton’s Secret Island but I also love Greg Iles especially his Penn Cage series
11. What are some of your favorite movies?
I love Indiana Jones and Austin Powers, they crack me up. Schindler’s List is a must see and I’ve just downloaded The Railway Man
12. What kind of music are you into?
I mainly listen to classical but I love Tim Minchin
13. If you were going to write a book, what would you call it and what would it be about?
I have absolutely no idea
14. What’s one of the scariest things you’ve ever done?
I don’t do anything scary, I’m a wuss
15. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
My daughter and my degree
16. Are you married?
I was, I’ve been divorced for longer than I was married
17. How did you meet your spouse / girlfriend / boyfriend?
I met my ex-husband playing cards in my local pub
18. Do you think it’s better to get married when you’re young or better to wait a while?
It makes no difference
19. Do you have any kids?
Yes, one daughter who is thirteen
20. Have you ever thought of adopting?
I’ve adopted a whole new family, but I am not in a position to adopt a child
21. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a palaeontologist
22. How did you get into your profession?
I don’t work now, but I started at the bottom
23. Would you recommend your profession to other people? Why / Why not?
Only if they want to do it
24. What do you do for fun?
Read, watch tv, crochet, walk
25. Do you like traveling?
No, I’m a home bird
26. If you could visit any country in the world, where would you go?
If I could teleport I’d go to Australia
27. Who are some people you’d like to meet someday?
I’d love to meet more of my facebook and twitter friends
28. If someone asked you to give them a random piece of advice, what would you say?
Focus on the now
29. What’s one of your favourite habits you have?
I know I shouldn’t, but I love smoking
30. What are some things that make you really happy?
My daughter, my animals, seeing other people happy
31. What are some things that make you really sad?
The days when it seems I am losing myself to my mental illness
32. What are some things that scare you?
Birds, spiders, anything dead, the outside world, people
33. Do you like to plan things out in detail or be spontaneous?
I plan, often in secret so things appear spontaneous
34. Are you a religious person?
No, but I am spiritual and moral
35. If you could go back in history, who would you like to meet?
36. Would you rather live in the country or in the city?
If I could drive I would love to live in the country. That said, I live in a small town and I miss the anonymity of the city I grew up in
37. What was your life like growing up?
38. What were you like in high school?
I was quiet and hard working
39. Do you have any brothers or sisters? How many?
Biologically I am an only child, but I have siblings in my adopted family – six sisters, two step sisters and two brothers
40. What’s your favourite part about today so far?
The sun coming out
41. Who in your life has influenced you the most? How did they do it?
At the moment it’s my psych, she’s a positive role model
42. What’s your favourite joke?
What do you call a dinosaur with no eyes? Doyouthinkhesaurus
43. Have you ever tried sushi? (Did you like it?)
No, I like my fish battered and served with chips
44. Do you like spicy food?
No – I’m a korma girl
45. How do you like your steak cooked?
Well done, no blood
46. Do you have a favorite number? Any particular reason why you like that number?
Twenty seven and a half. I just like it
47. If you were a type of animal, what would you be and why?
A dinosaur. Cos I’m a Jenasaurus
48. What’s one of the strangest things you’ve ever done?
I do all sorts of strange things while dissociative
49. What kind of vacations do you like?
Ones spent at home. Which is a good job as I can’t travel
50. What are some of your major goals in life?
Go to graduation, get my mental illness under control, go back to work
51. What are some of your smaller goals in life?
Wake up tomorrow
52. What do you like least about yourself?
53. What embarrasses you?
My daughter, regularly. But in a good way
54. If you could try out any job for a day, what would you like to try?
Magician. I need a magic wand
55. What’s your earliest memory?
56. What’s the best decision you ever made?
Having my daughter
57. Who’s your best / closest friend?
58. What do you think people think of you?
I don’t care
59. What were your grades like in school?
60. If you could learn one random skill, what would you learn?
To dress for the weather. I’m hopeless
61. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
Neither, I’m just me
62. Have you ever taken a personality test? (How did the results turn out?)
Not unless you count the ones on facebook
63. What’s the first thing you notice about people?
Whether they set off my radar
64. Do you think people can control their own destiny?
Yes and no. I couldn’t control becoming mentally ill but I can control my recovery
65. Do you think all people are equally valuable, or do you think some people in certain situations might be more valuable than others?
All people are equal, apart from bigots
66. Do you think people are basically bad or basically good?
Everyone is bad until they prove otherwise
67. Do you think morals are universal or relative to the beliefs, traditions, and practices of individuals or groups?
Morals are a social construct and vary within and between societies
68. Do you think God exists?
No, but I’m willing to be proved wrong
69. Do you think any kind of afterlife exists?
70. Do you vote? Why / Why not? If you do vote, how do you usually vote?
Yes I do, always, in all elections
71. Do you think gay people choose to be gay? Do you think straight people choose to be straight?
No, you are who you are
72. Is torture ever a good option? If no, why not? If yes, when?
Yes, if I’m inflicting it and I choose the victim
73. Would you kill an innocent person if you thought it might mean saving a dozen other people?
Philosophy isn’t my thing
74. What’s the most money you’ve ever given away?
A few quid to charity
75. What’s the biggest personal change you’ve ever made?
Cutting my bio family off
76. What’s the stupidest thing you’ve ever done?
I’ve done too many stupid things to list them
77. What do you think would be one of the best steps we could take toward ending poverty around the world?
Take control of corrupt governments so financial aid isn’t used inappropriately
78. What do you think we could do to best improve the education system?
Get rid of the constant testing
79. In general, what do you think about art?
I love my daughter’s art, see here
80. What are some of your favorite websites?
I use apps more than websites
81. What’s the biggest turnoff in a man/woman?
An ugly personality
82. What’s the biggest lie you’ve ever told?
83. What’s something most people don’t know about you?
My past, the names of my parts
84. What’s something you wish everyone knew about you?
That I’m not a stereotype
85. What are some of the first things you do in the morning?
Snooze the alarm a few times, wake my daughter
86. What’s the worst thing that’s ever happened to you?
87. Do you cry easily?
No, I hate crying
88. How do you feel about public speaking?
I’d rather not
89. Do you like to talk on the phone?
Yes, my sisters and I can talk for hours
90. How many emails do you get each week, roughly?
91. If someone were to make a movie about your life, who would you hope would play you?
92. What’s one of your favourite questions to ask new friends or to get a conversation going?
I’m not one for conversation
93. Would you ever sky dive or bungee jump?
Not a chance
94. Have you ever been in a fist fight?
Yes but not for a long time
95. What’s the best prank you’ve ever pulled?
I don’t do pranks
96. What did you do on your 16th birthday?
I don’t think I did anything
97. What do you think is one of the most undervalued professions right now?
All mental health services
98. How would you explain your basic life philosophy?
Every cloud has a silver lining
99. Would you rather be hated or forgotten?
100. If you knew you would die tomorrow, would you feel cheated today?
Not at all, I’d probably be relieved